You are here
Diagnostics and The Fight Against Superbugs
On the margins of the World Health Assembly meeting, join us for a panel discussion on how diagnostic tests play a pivotal role in fighting the development and spread of antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
Diagnostic tests are an essential tool in the fight against AMR : they can identify the organism causing the infection and also can provide insight into the host’s immune response. As such, these tests enable health care providers to distinguish between infections requiring antimicrobial treatment and those that do not.
Featured speakers include:
- Cassandra Kelly-Cirino, Head of AMR & Outbreaks, FIND
- Rosanna Peeling, Professor and Chair of Diagnostics Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr. Teri Roberts, Diagnostics Advisor, MSF Access Campaign
- Dr. Marc Sprenger, Director of Secretariat for Antimicrobial Resistance, World Health Organization
- Jeremy Knox, Policy and Advocacy Lead of Drug-Resistant Infections, Wellcome Trust
- Duncan Blair, Vice President of Global Health, Abbott
- Renuka Gadde, Vice President of Global Health, BD
- Mark Miller, Chief Medical Officer, bioMerieux
- Philippe Jacon, SVP of Global Access, Cepheid
RSVP to email@example.com